sábado, 8 de abril de 2017

Scars/ To the new boyfrinend RUDY FRANCISCO [lyrics & traducción]

One
If I could,
I would nail these hands to the edges of stars,
I would sacrifice this body to the sky
Hoping it resurrected someone spiteful enough to not care about you any more.

Two
Staple me to a cross,
Pierce my side with a broken promise
And I will bleed all the crippled reasons why you deserve one more chance.

Three
Loving you is the last thing that I felt really good at.

Four
You wanna know how I got these scars?
See I ripped every last piece of you out of my smile.

Five
I whispered you stardust,

Six
I spoke you into sunflowers,

Seven
I dipped my hands into forever,
I touched you infinity,
Treated you as if you were the last molecule of oxygen inside of a gas chamber,
I was good to you.

Eight
You wanna know how I got these scars?
See I swallowed my pride,
And then it clawed its way out of my mouth.

Nine
I realised that I was never really your boyfriend,
I was just your fucking height man.

Ten
I hope your next boyfriend gets smallpox.

Ten
Yes I said smallpox.

Ten
I hate you,

Ten
But I still miss you,

Ten
And a part of me I still loves you.

Ten
It’s hard for me to count when I get emotional.

Ten
I heard that over ninety percent of human interaction is non-verbal so

Ten
If I could,
I would tie your arms to a daydream
And then auction you off to my fondest memories.

 See I wrote this poem in my own spinal fluid, 
I put it on the backbone of a white flag 
so before you read it you’ll already know that I’ve given up. 
I’ll just keep you here. 

Shackled to the most important chapter of my life story 
pressed into the basement of my eyelids l
ike liquid salvation 
so I remember you beautiful 
with amazing underneath your wings and an orchid smile, 
you gorgeous earthquake. 

You cracked hourglass with sand spilling from behind your ribs, 
you wasted my time


How dare you linger on my lips and then kiss me like a stuttering apology 
with excuses stapled to the roof of your mouth. 
I still remember you like a dream tattooed to the inner walls of a long term memory 
but some days I wonder if you existed at all.
And of course, you wanna know how I got these scars.
I got these scars the day I fell in love with you.
I landed face first.

To the random dude who started dating my ex girlfriend two days after we broke up - yes, I saw that shit on Facebook. Now when I realised that you were in a relationship with the girl that I thought I would someday spend the rest of my life with, I walked outside, I said to myself “there is no way Ashton Kutcher is gonna catch me off guard”. I waited 45 minutes, and then I realised that there hasn’t been a new episode of Punk’d in damn near four years. So I guess I’m the only practical joke in this entire situation.

One
The first time I saw you and her in a picture
I wanted to take my entire arm,
Shove it inside of the computer
And snatch the happiness right off of your face.

Two
If I ever see you in the street
I’m probably gonna punch you in the throat.

Three
I apologise in advance.
And I know- I know that it makes no sense to have this much anger towards a man that I've never actually met face-to-face,
But my definition of love is being robbed in an alley
Eight times in a row and hoping there is
Something about today that makes all of this different.
There is nothing logical about cutting off the most important parts of yourself and then putting them inside of hands that shake, that tremble, that crack like a Haitian sidewalk.

Four
There is nothing rational about love.
Your love stutters when it gets nervous,
Your love trips over its own shoelaces.
Love is clumsy,
And my heart refuses to wear a helmet.

Five
Cupid is fucking irresponsible
And I’m tired of him using me for target practice.

Six
I was told that time would heal all wounds,
But what exactly do you do on days
When it feels like the hands on your clock have arthritis?

Seven

She always wore her heart on her sleeve,
So tell me, then why the hell do you look so familiar?

Eight

I think I’ve seen you somewhere in her smile.
Like I’ve heard your voice in her laughter,
Like I’ve smelled your cologne on her thighs,
I bet if we dusted her heart for fingerprints we would only find yours.

Nine

I have this envelope,
It’s full of all the butterflies I felt
The first time she relaxed the Velcro on
Her lips and smiled in my direction,
I think most of them are still alive.
I guess these belong to you too.




UNO
Si pudiera,
clavaría estas manos a los bordes de las estrellas.
sacrificaría este cuerpo al cielo
esperando que resucitara en alguien lo suficientemente malévolo para que no le importaras más

DOS
Engrápame a una cruz,
atraviesa mi costado con una promesa rota
y sangra´re todas las razones incompletas por las que mereces una oportunidad más.

TRES
Amarte fue la ultima cosa e la que me sentí realmente bueno

CUATRO
¿Quieres sabes como obtuve estas cicatrices?
Verás, arranqué cada pedazo de tí de mi sonrisa

CINCO
Te susurré polvo de estrellas

SEIS
Te hablé entre girasoles

SIETE
Sumergí mis manos en el para siempre
Toqué tu infinidad,
Te traté como si fueras la última molécula de oxígeno dentro de una cámara de gas
Fui bueno contigo

OCHO
¿Quieres sabes como obtuve estas cicatrices?
Verás, me tragué mi orgullo,
y luego desgarró mi garganta al salir

NUEVE
Me dí cuenta de que realmente nunca fui tu novio
Solo fui tu maldito amigo

DIEZ
Espero que tu próximo novio contraiga varicela

DIEZ
Si, dije varicela

DIEZ
Te odio,

DIEZ
Pero aún te extraño

DIEZ
Y una parte de mí aún te ama

DIEZ
Se me hace difícil contar cuando me pongo emocional

DIEZ
Escuché que el noventa por ciento de la interacción humana en no-verbal, así que


...



DIEZ
Si pudiera
 te ataría a un sueño
y luego te subastaría fuera del fondo de mi memoria

Al extraño que empezó a salir con mi ex-novia dos días después de que termináramos -si, vi esa mierda en facebook-

UNO
La primera vez que te vi en una foto,
quise arrancarme mi brazo entero
meterlo en la computadora
y arrancarte la felicidad de la cara

DOS
Si alguna vez te veo en la calle
probablemente te golpearé en la garganta

TRES
Me disculpo por adelantado
y se que no tiene sentido tener toda esta ira contra un hombre que jamas he visto cara a cara
pero mi definición de amor, es ser robado en un callejón
ocho veces seguidas y aún así esperar
que habrá algo hoy que lo hará diferente
no hay nada lógico en cortar las partes más importantes de ti y luego ponerlas dentro de unas manos que se sacudes, que tiemblan, que se agrietan como una banqueta haitiana

CUATRO
No haya nada lógico sobre el amor
tu amor tartamudea cuando se pone nervioso
se tropieza con los cordones de sus zapatos
el amor es torpe
y mi corazón se rehúsa a usar un casco

CINCO
Cupido es un maldito irresponsable
Y estoy cansado de que me use como diana de práctica

SEIS
Me dijeron que el tiempo cura todas las heridas,
pero que se hace exactamente en los días
cuando se siente como si las manecillas del reloj tienen artritis?

SIETE
Ella siempre usó su corazón bajo sus mangas,
así que dime, ¿porqué diablos luces tan familiar?

OCHO
Creo que te vi en algún lado en su sonrisa
creo que oí tu voz en su risa
creo que olí tu colonia en sus muslos,
apuesto que si buscáramos huellas en su corazón, solo encontraríamos las tuyas.

NUEVE
Tengo este sobre,
está lleno de las mariposas que sentí
la primera vez que relajó el velcro de sus labios
y sonrió en mi dirección,
creo que la mayoría de ellas aún están vivas
creo que esas también te pertenecen



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario